Thursday, July 12, 2012

Princess Panda Cat

Buenos dias,
today was so hot, I saw two trees fighting over a dog! I heard chickens were laying hard boiled eggs. That`s how hot it was!
Aint easy sporting a fur coat in this heat. Energy eludes me at the minute (normally I`m a spitfire....not ;)
On the plus side, I think I may have lost an ounce or two in perspiration.

I`m exhausted from grooming myself all day long.Not to mention a numb tongue!
 Did you know that cats have a tendency to groom themselves a little more when they are hot?  Licking themselves is actually a mechanism for cooling. When their saliva evaporates off their fur, it works to lower their body temperature (similar to humans when sweat evaporates off their skin). Huh!
We also sweat through our paw pads. I`ve been leaving footprints all around the clinic which really hampers my ability to be furtive and elusive on my treat scoring missions. Suddenly everyone in the clinic has their inspector Clouseau hats on and is tracking me down. Do they make booties for cats? ...How do I get me some of those?

I shouldn`t complain I suppose. The clinic has the A/C pumping 24/7 on hot sticky days. I heard someone saying that when you`re overweight you`re less tolerant to the heat....although what that has to do with me?... I have no idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment